5.25.2009

QUIET STORM

I will be in a 4 person show which opens at Gallery1988 Los Angeles at 7PM tomorrow night, 5/26, called Quiet Storm. I am excited to be a part of a show along with the amazing talents of Scott Campbell, Krista Huot, and Ghost Patrol.

So, my mind is constantly filled with thoughts of my wife and my twin boys who are now about 8 months old. Man does time fly! So naturally, when I've been creating art and thinking about concepts for pieces, I use them as a source of inspiration. Most of the pieces in the show pretty much reflect this. Here are a couple of the larger pieces:


I wanted to make an alphabet book for my sons by creating 26 different flowers and showing the letter in cloud form in the image. This will be something of a personal project so I can make a bound and printed book out of it just for my boys to enjoy and see how weird their daddy is. I decided to include A, B, and C for the show, so here is B and its study drawing:

Also, I'm using Puffer Fish to express either how I'm feeling at the time or show things that I enjoy and miss doing since becoming a father. But believe me, I'm not complaining one bit. Having these little guys here is the greatest thing that has happened for us. Here are a couple of examples:


I will be in attendance along with Krista and Scott, so maybe I'll see some of you there!

1 comment:

Eddy said...

hi Roland,
just come across your artwork via
the arrested motion site.
your work is stunning. it has very whimsical feel and reminds me a little of Patrick Woodroff.
Great work!
cheers
Eddy