4.24.2009

STREET FIGHTER TRIBITE SHOW-NEW LINKS TO FRIENDS

Gallery Nucleus will be exhibiting a show featuring artwork inspired by Street Fighter, beginning Saturday, April 25.

I have been a huge fan of the games, and I don't even want to know how many quarters I fed into Street Fighter II machines growing up. But this show was a great opportunity to create something fun, and to rekindle fond memories of a game I played many times long ago.

Here is my acrylic on panel painting titled "Path's End":


Thai culture is so vibrant and rich. That's why I had to chose M. Bison and Sagat battling it out in a surreal type, Thailand setting. Also, the fish in the air is a beautiful species you can find there, called Arapaima.

I am also excited to be in a show with great friend, and extremely talented artist John Wu. We became friends working together on titles such as Ratchet and Clank and Resistance: Fall Of Man. He eventually left the company we both worked for at that time, but we have remained good friends.

Also exhibiting at the tribute is another good guy and talented artist who I met at the same job, Kinman Chan. Amazing Concept Artists these guys are, so I wanted to begin putting on links to old friends on my blog starting with these two. More links to come from friends that I've made from my time in the industry and from other friendly and amazing artists I've been fortunate to meet. Check them out!

No comments: