3.05.2010

LAST NIGHT

My friend and artist bud Ruel Pascual invited me to an artist preview night for a show he is in at La Luz De Jesus Gallery here in Los Angeles. The opening reception for Everything But The Kitsch 'N Sink is tonight, March 5, from 8-10 PM. There are well over 100 artists involved and over 300 pieces at this show. Here are some pics from last night.


My pics do not do Ruel's pieces justice, and if you have the chance, you should see them in person. I'm really enjoying his use of a limited pallet. His pieces are driven by his personal experiences which I can appreciate, yet sometimes feel I could put myself within the piece, and even relate to something that could be completely different to what my have been on his mind. They open up my imagination and I find myself immersed within them.

Last night was a great time! Since having the boys, it's been tough for me to get out to shows and mingle with other artists. So it was really nice to see some familiar faces and make some new friends.

No comments: