6.18.2011

GET TO GIVE ART BENEFIT

The backpack company Ark Collective is hosting an art show tonight which is aimed to raise money for their designated educational charity and spread awareness on how poverty affects our youth's education. 100% of the proceeds from the show will go to the charity. Here is the info:

The concept was a fun one. Some of the backpacks that Ark Collective produces are not fit to go to market, so instead of getting rid of them why not make art on them for a great cause. Each artist was given one of these packs with the opportunity to do anything to them. Here are some progress pics of my pack along with my finished product.

Here we have the pack, piece of wood that I shaped using a table saw and an electric sander, and my boy's puzzle sea horse that they don't use anymore which I gessoed over to paint on. I cut out some of the pack so I could insert the shaped piece of wood.


Used screws to fix the wood panel to the pack

Lay in of the drawing and sea horse before paint

More drilling. I have here three different sizes of wood pegs. I wanted the piece to be somewhat playful and interactive so you can place the sea horse on the drawing at different heights.

Here is the slots that were built in already for the seahorse and pegs, and here is the hole I drilled for the pegs.

Sea horse pegged in and elevated

"Spam"

The guys at Ark did a mini interview on me for the show. Stuff you may already know from past interviews, but there is some fun information on what I will be up to next year which I am really excited about so maybe check it out if you have a chance. Here is the link.

Really a great cause that Ark is doing, so if you are in the area please go check it out! Will be updating again soon with the "Sea No Evil" benefit show later this month as well.

No comments: